skip to main content


  • At what stage of a problem with a unit owner should the condominium corporation's lawyer be notified that a matter may be referred for legal advice?

  • As a manager, how do I know if I should recommend to the board that a written legal opinion should be sought on an issue?

  • Who can request status certificates?

  • What is the fee that the condominium corporation can charge for issuance of a status certificate?

  • What is the deadline for providing status certificates?

  • Should our directors understand the contents of our status certificate?

  • Must board meetings be called in writing?

  • Can board meetings be held by teleconference?

  • Do unit owners have the right to attend board meetings?

  • How do you requisition a meeting of unit owners?

  • When must our Annual General Meeting be held?

  • Do unit owners have the right to approve the condominium corporation’s annual budget?

  • Can a condominium corporation use its reserve fund to finance general maintenance?

  • What is an improvement?

  • Do I need to purchase insurance coverage for my condominium unit?

  • I rent out my condominium unit. Should I advise the condominium corporation of my address for service?

  • What happens if a unit owner does not pay his or her common expenses?

3100 Steeles Ave. W., Suite 300 Vaughan, Ontario, Canada L4K 3R1  TF: 1.888.FINEDEO  P: 905.760.1800  F: 905.760.0050  TFF: 1.888.CONDO55  E:
© 2015 Fine & Deo. All rights reserved. Experts in Canadian Condominium Law, with 12 Toronto Condo Lawyers. Fine & Deo is located in the GTA, Ontario Canada.